Sunday, March 27, 2011

What's up in NS?! [Full recap : 2nd Semester - END]

I'm back at home while writing this.

.. and I can say that now I'm suffering from camp sick :(

Anyway, I would give shout out to you guys,

"NS DOES NOT SUCK. Well for me. Cos' my life in NS was REALLY FUN! (:"

I had so much fun, that I cried so many times during our closing ceremony. :(

Anyway, just to tell you, this post will all be about the 2nd semester's activities that we do :D

*



It started off with the "Community Service at Kg. Paya Nibong" (February 12, 2011)


Community Service is actually one of our class modules in PLKN/NS. 


We had to wear half-loreng that day. :D


boarded the bus really early in the morning!


had to walk to our destination! 10 minutes. :O

the scenery :)

while waiting for the others to arrive!


I helped with drawing the mural of the kindergarten/day care center~

messy, but fun (:

finger painting! lawl :D

the guys who helped (:

the other side of the place :D

the surroundings :)

reaaallly dedicated. hahaha.

yeah! :) writing the names of those who helped :)

look at this guy, he tried to follow but failedddddd :D 



*

Then we had "Water Sports Competition" (February 19, 2011)

I joined the Kayak doubles competition and managed to get 2nd place :) From what I heard from my friends, we kayaked fast ;)

The water sports area was just behind my campsite, so it's really near :D


getting all ready~!

the first competition was rafting



Then finally! It was my turn to kayak! Kayak doubles with Arina, my friend (: !
(thanks to Victor for the pictures~)


*ahem*

here's my 2nd place medal :D !

the girls' tent~

the VIP tent

The Bravo-ians :D

the Alpha supporters!


*

Then we had futsal competition on the next day, Sunday! (February 20, 2011)

It's more like a voluntary participation, and I joined for fun without knowing that we have to compete for our company. :O

My friend texted me a supportive message that made me smile, a lot :D I tried my best but we didn't win :(

We left to Manjung Point 3, the futsal court, at 3pm~





our equipments :B , yeah we brought our badminton racquets too

Well overall we only got 3rd place, which didn't bring us anywhere. :o ~ 

I also cramped my leg while playing and they had to spray the skin anesthetic. :/ 

*
Sports Carnival! (February 23, 2011)

Sports Carnival is held in a stadium nearby the camp. And there was like, 3 games going on simultaneously! :O Football, netball, badminton.

I'm one of the badminton players for Alpha girls, and wow I iz so nervous. But the thing is, we didn't get into the final round.. So yeah. It's okay. We've tried our best!

The thing is, this Sports Carnival lasted the WHOLE DAY. And we weren't provided lunch. Grrrr. We were starving and dying in that indoor court. And we smelled KFC coming out from somewhere.. LOL. Actually, it's one of the prizes they're giving to the winning teams. UNFAIRRR. 

(taken from my friend's cam)



Through this camp, I learnt how to value a slice of bread, KFC, pizza, and bananas.

Really. (:



*
M-16 Theory~ (February 28, 2011)

We had a theory class about how to handle a M-16. (: 


Oh if you don't know what an M-16 is, it's a rifle. A deadly WEAPON. In Malaysia, if you're a Police Cadet or a National Service trainee, then you'll have a chance to try this (:



The classes was fun, awesome and cool ! :D
And the people who gave the classes were Navy Soldiers. Soooo yeah.


taken from teacher's facebook :P

The people teaching us how to do it ! (this is not the real one, this is just a practice :D)


Had lots of fun that day, wouldn't want to put it so detail, but yeah. (: 


*
M-16 Shooting! (March 1, 2011) 

Had to wear our "full loreng" for this activity. We boarded the bus to depart to the "Abdul Samad Shooting Range". It was located IN the TLDM (Navy Base), so we were not allowed to take any pictures. Since we were already divided into Details & Targets  (Groups & Lanes) previously, we had no problem being systematic. 
So I was in Detail 6, Target 1 (Group 6, Lane 1). Each Detail has six Targets. (: 

Since there's no pictures, I have to explain this. :P 

The firing range only has one area for you to shoot. Which only can accommodate 6 people at once. Since I'm in Detail 6, I'm basically in the 6th group. And since they only accommodate 6 people, each person has to take up a lane, which is called Target. I'm in Target 1, meaning I'm in the first lane. (: Get it?  

Our camp has 470 people. And they divided the shooting activity into THREE days. March 1st, March 2nd, March 3rd. 
Alpha, being always the FIRST group, got to shoot on March 1st. On each day, there'll be at least 25 Details (25 groups) going for shooting. So me being in Detail 6, and shooting on the FIRST day is basically, well, an honor :DD
In one detail, there'll be 3 girls and 3 boys. 

Since we're in a Navy Base, definitely there's staffs as well. So when we were shooting, there's a staff who'll protectively sit beside you when you shoot. Yeah, you know the knock-back when you pull the trigger, D:

We had to lie on the ground like this: 

(we don't have pictures so obviously this was taken from the net)



And you aim at the bull-eye board thingy! 


Something like that. Just that the whole thing is ORANGE in color.

And GUESS WHAT?! I managed to score a 79/100 !

That is like, quite high. LOLOL. The average is around 40. Well, most of my friends only got a 20~30.

I wish I could shoot again, :)


*
Kraf Hutan! (Jungle Craft) activity in camp! I love this (: (March 2, 2011)

We got to learn about what leaves to use as soap, how to tell that leaves are safe for eating, how to set your own tent, etc etc. It's reaally interesting! :O !

We had to wear our full loreng for this activity~

making the tents!

the "jungle" we're in :D 




teacher demonstrating something :D 

the rack where they put the leaves and stuff to show us :P 
or you can say, the buffet table. HAHAHA

teacher showing us WHOLE RABBIT MEAT. 


see that thing?! it's rabbit meat. just without the ears :D

I tasted the rabbit meat, and it tasted dry and salty. Hmm. Oh and Lychee rice! HAHAHA. If you have no water to cook your rice, but you do have the can drink, you can actually cook the rice in that can, which teacher cooked in the lychee drink can :D AND the rice tasted like LYCHEE. HAHAHA. 

Awesomesauce. :D


*
My birthday in camp! :) (March 8, 2011) 

Not much pictures, but I can tell you stories! :D 

I know you guys might think it sucks to celebrate your birthday in "jail", but trust me, it's really really awesome. :) It's like celebrating your birthday in school, but think in a bigger perspective. You're in school for only 8 hours, but in camp, you'll be seeing your mates for the whole day. THAT MEANS, more special treatment for you. HAHAHA!

Well, on my birthday, my dormmates were really nice to me! They kept calling me birthday girl and they kept singing the birthday song to me non-stop! HAHAHA. Love them to bits. Some of them surprised me by making cards and buying ice-cream for me for my birthday present! Omg, they are so nice D: ! My friend, the  Captain Overall of the camp, even sang me a birthday song to me. HAHAHA. It's really cute :)


 megan's mushroom soup for me in the morning! 


erika's present  

 xin ying, my yoseobbie's birthday card ~ 


unexpected ice-cream gift from my dorm mate Lai Shy, 

.. and there's other gifts that I did not have time to take pictures of. Thank you guys, thank you so much :)

But there's this tradition in camp, when it's your birthday, you HAVE to go up on stage and the whole camp will sing birthday songs in 4 languages for you. :D

Well, my best friend Megan told my friend, who's the Commander Overall, to call me up on stage that night. 

SO EMBARASSING OHKAY. ._. But it's a very awesome experience, since it's once in a lifetime when 470 people sings birthday songs to you :)


*
Our last morning exercise session in camp~ (March 9, 2011) (My camera's quality sucks D:)

6.45am in the morning :O

cold and sleepy morning, and here we are exercising. :(


Next up, Wirajaya! (Camping for 1 night) - [March 10, 2011 ~ March 11, 2011] 

So the teacher told us during the assembly before the camping day;

"It's an hour and a half walk to the campsite. You guys better be ready!"

.. and seeing the camping equipments being so heavy, we thought we were really dead meat.

everyone's gathered at the front gate!


the sky!


the mountains, ♥


 shu's doll, making it the "Alpha mascot". HAHAHA.
"ALPHA VALLEY ♥"


Then we walked, and walked..

TO FIND THAT THE CAMPSITE IS JUST BEHIND OUR CAMP. Yes, we were forced to take a long way there.

, oh and we only took 20 minutes of walking. Not one hour an a half like what the teacher said.


Then we started to build our tents!



the flying fox's terminal , and beside it is the Alpha guys campsite.




 cooking lunch! 



 fuel tablets

 the tents! :) we had to decorate our own tents and the campsite lolol.

 more decoration!

 , getting ready for the Camp Commander to visit our campsite to give us marks :P


 , our Alpha girls' leader giving us head on instructions.


getting ready!


That's it for the pictures for camping, my camera died on me later on :( 

But anyway, I wasn't feeling that well that time. I've lost my voice, I felt weak, so basically I just slept in the medic tent for the whole afternoon. Sucks right?

We were only required to cook our own meal during lunch. Other meals were still provided by them. :) So sweet. LOL. 

At night, we had the "opening ceremony" for this camping activity, and it was BOMBASTIC. The Camp Commander lighted up this string, and the string was attached to something on the flying fox's cable, and that thing came flying all the way down and lighted up the HUGE campfire on the ground. And we all were like "WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YEAHHH!"

Then we had performances and all :) IT WAS SUPER FUNNNNNNN. :D ! 

At night we slept at 11pm. But I did NOT sleep well that night. :( I was suffering every single minute. I kept having gastric, and it was SO COLDDDD. And I thank God when it was 5am because my friends started to wake up by that time. :)

Had a rough night but I survived! LOL. And on the next morning, we quickly cleaned up everything and walked back to camp by 10am. :)

Malam Simpulan Kasih ; the "last" night in camp!  (March 11, 2011)


our hall transformed into the banquet style of Hogwarts, LULZ.

:) 

performances! :)

our company flags are now pinned up there, replacing the old ones, :')


I actually joined the "Aborigines" dance, and we did pretty badly because we seriously lacked of practice. LOL. But it's okay, it's just a performance. Plus, our performance was the most boring-est since the dance steps kept repeating. :/ But the rank holders danced to Super Junior's BONAMANA! That turned the whole hall into a clubbing spot.

But ANYWAY! That night was really nice. :) 

*
Graduation (March 12, 2011)


We had this "Completion of training ceremony" on this day. The Camp Commander told us about how we were, and told us what we've learnt throughout. And he actually CRIED while giving the speech! :'(

We felt so moved that all of us started crying as well. Then, after he left the stage, all of us threw our berets (the hat that goes with the Celoreng uniform), up in the air to celebrate our graduation.

Then we were also given our certificates upon completion. (':


And for those trainees whose parents came, they were allowed to go back home early. That means early goodbye to my friends. :(


*
The journey home! (March 13, 2011) 


Boarded the bus at 8.15am. Bid my last farewell to my friends in camp. :'( , super sad !

 the bus!

Then 2 hours in the bus, I was just sleeping and hearing my music while everyone is in the really sad mood, ;( 

Then we stopped by a restaurant for lunch! 

 roti canai !





Then we reached the stadium after another 2 hours; where we meet our parents and go home!




GOODBYE NS. 

I really, really had fun. I made so many friends, made so many valuable experiences. I totally didn't regret not going to NS. :) I really liked my campsite too. 


"I SURVIVED NS, I HAD FUN IN NS, I AM MISSING NS, I LOVE NS. "


-end

No comments: