Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Barley? No, Bali. [part 1/2]

. [PART ONE
of my travelogue.


/THIS IS A RE-UP from June 2010/ 

Information; 
Currency: Rp (Rupiah) ; RM1 = Rp2806. RM20 is roughly Rp50000
Weather: 30 degrees-ish in the morning, and 25-ish at night.


FIRST day, 7th June 2010

Woke up at 7.30am. Got ready and did last minute packing by 8am. Taxi arrived at our house at 8am sharp (our trustworthy taxi driver again) and left to LCCT.






 my mum's beloved sun hat

Reached there at 8.40am. LCCT is so low cost as its name sounds, compared to KLIA. That's why I didn't really had that excited feeling when they mentioned "airports" in this trip.

LCCT looks like Giant Hypermarket, OOO:




Then we went and queued up in a reaally long line to Check in. You see, they generalized the "Indonesia flights" into one line, so there's like so many people. It sucks, really. Well, it's like buying groceries in Giant, right?



So we stood there for 15 minutes. I was Facebook-ing on my iTouch because I was so bored. Then my sister complained that she was hungry, so my dad brought her to buy some thingies to eat. Well, the best they got is a sandwich. Tuna sandwich. So I ate one.


Oh, and I wasn't 100% recovered from my sickness because I'm still on medication (yeah, antibiotics, it finishes on this day itself) so I was still coughing. So when I was queuing up, I tried my best to stop coughing, or not god knows where they'll put me. Quarantine room I guess, O:


After checking in, we walked walked walked to find some place to get our breakfast. So we ate at this "Cafe Espresso". Ate mashed potatoesssss. God I love potatoes, :)

 the cafe,

 mineeee ;D










Then we went to our boarding gate and walked to the plane (sounds wrong much? sad but LCCT's low cost service don't offer nice pathways)


denpasar airport,


poor grandma, she still has to walk to the plane! ):

n
notice the two guys there, they were actually posing for the camera and they even wanted me to take a picture of them putting arms around the shoulders and doing peace signs. 
LOL.


Then then then, I saw this AirAsia staff, who was greeting the passengers before going up the flight. Hehe, he looks cute, ;D

That kind of Jo Kwon kind of look, heheh. So I thought it was sad cos he ain't going up the plane, but after when all the passengers were in the plane and they started the takeoff procedure, I saw him on the plane. So my sister and I were like "OK WE DON'T HAVE TO SLEEP ANYMORE." HAHAHA. Okay.
His picture is not going to be put up here. Request for it personally. Muahaha, ;P

l
look, someone's slacking while working. heh.

My throat condition was still quite bad, so I had a hotdog (the sausage is steamed, so it's alright ;D) while my family had nasi lemak and sandwich. All the food was ordered online.

 see all that misttt, ;D

my lunch on board


cute clouds :D

:)

M'sia to Bali takes 3 hours of flight.



Reached "Ngurah Rai Airport",


 awesome looking plane! 

 walking to get our luggage,

 bali is really known for their sculptures and statues.

 Went and queued up for the immigration. Lined up for 10 minutes, then we collected our luggage.


 lining up!

Went out of the airport  where a lot of people were waiting. Gah, I don't know how to say this actually. :/

We had to find our tour guide.

Anyway, we found our tour guide (there was another guide beside him, and when we were walking towards them, both guides were like "OOH ME ME" kind of thing, and when we walked to our guide, the other guide was like "DAMN." LOL. Betting amongst themselves of something) , holding up a piece of paper with my dad's name on it, and we were like; "Isn't it supposed to be RELIANCE tour? Why only your name on it?". So we just walked towards him and he was like, "HI!" and he introduced himself,

Our guide's name is Wayan. So yeah, we followed him to the van where we will be using throughout our whole trip. I tell you, there's MANY people outside that airport, some sitting while leaning on pillars, sleeping on the floors, some standing, and all of them were guys. And the worst thing is, they STARE at you. =,=

Eww.

Anyway, we walked towards our van, and my dad posed the question.

"Are we the only family in this tour?"

And Wayan said yes. AHAHAHA. So it's like, our personal tour now. Woot woot. Wayan said we are free to change our plans, shorten some trips and stuff like that. So we started to our first destination. We were heading to somewhere (yes, it's somewhere because I don't know the place's name, :P) to eat some snacks.

On the way,

airport toll



the biggest road in Bali I came across, :p



our route map of our 4 day tour, ;)

A half an hour drive, and we arrived. The road at that area is really small, like 2 lanes only, one for going back and coming and just enough for one car for each lane. And the road is really really hilly. Up and down, UP and down.

Reached, wow. The panorama is beautifullllll ! The restaurant overlooks the Indian Ocean, :) We sit there enjoying the view and the breeze while enjoying our goreng pisang lulz. Can't stop snapping pics.

first.

s
second.

third

wait, walking through.

yeah, ;D

u
mm, goreng pisangg.





Then we went to Uluwatu temple, which was near our restaurant we ate at just now. It's a really long trail, and a long walk. But really, the view is BREATHTAKINGGGGGG. Like omg, D:

After that, we went to Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK), it's a cultural park.There's a really big Vishnu statue there, but it's not completed yet. The Garuda was just built halfway, (the statue's supposed to be Vishnu riding the Garuda), info from wiki;

Currently, the statue of Vishnu is 23 m high, although the original plan was for a 146 meter gold plated Vishnu riding Garuda on top of an 11 storey entertainment complex. The idea was not without controversy, and religious authorities on the island complained that its massive size might disrupt the spiritual balance of the island, and that its commercial nature was inappropriate.

We walked around, saw a dance demonstration and lots more AWESOME panorama. God, these places are BEAUTIFULL.

At about 6pm, we had our buffet dinner. Very limited choices, and it's not much Bali food. Just fried noodles, fried rice, fried chicken, vegetable, meh. Tourist-y food, we call it. :/ 

Saw many Korean families, Americans, Australians, wow. The Chinese there are usually people from Singapore, Taiwan, China. Malaysians are RARE. LOL.

By 6pm, the sky's quite dark by that time. Bali's sun sets earlier compared to ours. So by 6.30pm, it's dark already. :S
After our dinner, we went back to the hotel. Which was like, 20 minutes drive from GWK. Then we checked in our hotel, the 5 Star Grand Hyatt Nusa Dua. Wow, when our van just arrived at the hotel's lobby front, the staff immediately opened our door and took our luggage. And they even hit the gong, to signify that there's new guests. Hahaha!

We had to go through those airport scans, for the hand-carry bags and for the body. They tightened their security ever since the Bali bombing incidents. :/ Anyway, while waiting for my dad to finish the check-in procedure, the hotel staffs served us with cold wet towels. They do treat guests good. ;D We were at the lobby at that time, so I fished out my iTouch to try to gain access to Wi-Fi, but unfortunately, they need some log-in ID and password. Ugh.

Anyway, my dad was done, and there's a staff who asked us to follow him to our room. In this hotel, going to your room is NO EASY TASK. You have a walk for at least 10minutes to get back to your room. Yeah, it's really tiring. Especially at night, their lighting is so dim. O: 

After we reached our hotel room, we dropped our luggage and freshen up a little, 

....and walked to a mini shopping center near our hotel, Bali Collection. It was dark, because the lights weren't  bright enough. But that's okay, our night eyes are pro enough, >;D 
Bought our groceries. HAHAHA. Cup noodles, packet milk, chocolate, chips, TEEHEE. Holiday is a must for this sinful junk. Once in a while, only once in a whileee. ;)

Walked back and then I took a nice looooooong bubble bath, while my dad made the cup noodles for me and my sis. Heh. Ate my noodles then, while watching TV, "Honey I blew up the kids" was on the movie channel. LOL, so oldddddd.

Slept at 10pm that night! :D

Hooyeah!

No comments: